grade 10 subjects for lawyer in south africa, in this post of the artical we will giveyou alll you need to know about the grade 10 subjects for lawyer in south africa, and more others of the releted.
Table of Contents
What High School Subjects (Grade 10, Grade 11, and Grade 12) are Needed to study Law (LLB) in South Africa (in order to become a Lawyer). Besides English, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, there are no compulsory subjects for law studies in South African High Schools. The same applies to other fields such as: Marketing, Social Work, Psychology, Journalism, Human Resources Management, and many others.
However, when it comes to law courses, English Language is very crucial. Your English grammar, as well as outstanding vocabulary, will make you an outstanding Lawyer who can present cases in a well-articulated manner. Whether you take English First Language or English First Aditional Language, it doesn’t matter significantly.
List of Grade 10 – Grade 12 High School Subjects Needed to Study Law in South Africa
What subjects are needed to become a lawyer in grade 12? Although there are no specific subjects combination required to study law in grade 10 to grade 12, below are the most recommended high school subjects that are useful for law studies in South African higher learning institutions:
- History Subject
- Business Studies Subject
- Life OrientationSubject
APS scores for Law Studies at South African Universities
- UJ APS score requirements for Law: Students must possess a National Senior Certificate (NSC) endorsed with admission to a bachelor’s degree and must have achieved a minimum Admissions Points Score (APS) of 27 (with Mathematics) or 28 (with Mathematical Literacy). The APS and the GES are based on the achievement rating of each subject as indicated above and are the sum of the achievement ratings of the seven school subjects, keeping in mind that the performance rating achieved for Life Orientation must be divided by two. Read more Here
- WITS APS score requirements for Law: For an LLB four-year degree course, you will need an APS score of 43+ :
- English Home Language OR Additional First Language Level 6
- Mathematics Level 5
- Maths Literacy Level 6. Find out more here
- University of Fort Hare APS score requirements for Law: A minimum APS score of 29. Read more here
- UNISA APS score requirements for Law: From APS score of 20, according to UNISA standards. Click here to read more