Materials Technician Job Opportunity at TANROADS
Table of Contents
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainlands Trunk and Regional Roads Network and Construction of Airports. Its primary functions include Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operations of Road Networks and Axle Load Control, Implementation of Road Safety and Environmental Measures, Provision of advice on strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS – Tanga on behalf of the Chief Executive is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following vacancies for Supervision of Handeni – Mafreta Road Project (20KM). The Vacant Posts are as listed hereunder;
Position Tittle: Materials Technician (1 Post)
- Must have Full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Learning Institution/ college;
- At least 3 years cumulative experience related to road/bridge construction;
- Experiences in Laboratory/Materials Technician or equivalent will be an added advantage;
- Self motivated, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Must be able to communicate in English language; and
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibility
- To monitor and ensure that laboratory and experiments strictly apply the specifications;
- To ensure the implementation of the QA/QC procedures in the project. The entire Quality Check list is to be effectively implemented;
- To Inspect, testing all materials and completed works to ensure compliance with technical specification requirements;
- To ensure that the samples test results conform to the specifications and requirements;
- To monitor that all approved material samples inside the samples room on site are organized, properly stored and labelled;
- To ensure that all materials supplied and procured to site conform to the approved samples;
- To prepare daily reports regarding the work, approved samples and the supplied materials, and check inventories besides keeping records for all materials activities in the project;
- To deliver copies of all laboratory tests to the Materials Engineer at the end of each month to be included in the monthly reports;
- To identify the non-conforming material and mark it rejected and segregate from the Approved materials;
- To evaluate approval options based on quality, cost effectiveness efficiency of service, business standards and other factors for the purpose of meeting or exceeding the required standards; and
- To review test results by Contractor and their respective pavement and materials reports and advice on the way-forward.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than Monday,19th September, 2022 at 16:30 hours with their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV); Certified copies of all academic and professional certificates; birth certificates; names of three referees inclusive of former employer if any; applicants contact telephone numbers and postal address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and disciplines shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Application Letters should be submitted to;
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.0. Box 5021,
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 September 2022.