The University of Cape Town has commissioned the preparation of a draft Integrated Development Framework (IDF) for campus, as well as a draft Conservation Framework, Heritage inventory and Heritage Agreement.
Table of Contents
A Development Framework identifies overall policy, broad goals, and principles for development, while conceptual Precinct Plans for the five campuses/precincts of Main Campus indicate opportunities for infill development.
Approval is sought for the following land use management components of this Integrated Development Framework in terms of the Municipal Planning By-Law:
- approval of ‘Package of Plans’ comprising a Development Framework and Precinct Plans;
- designation of UCT’s Rondebosch Upper, Middle and Lower Campus, Rosebank Residence Precinct, Mowbray Residence Precinct and the Health Sciences Campus in Observatory as a ‘Special Planning Area (SPA)’ and
- rezoning, subdivision and consolidation of a number of erven, in order to rectify historic cadastral and zoning anomalies.
The University of Cape Town has close to 17 000 undergraduate students across six faculties. This constitutes 60% of its total enrolments. The other 40% is made of postgraduate students. Teaching and learning is a very important part of what UCT does and is.
In the context of Vision 2030, the teaching and learning portfolio identified its massive transformative purpose:
To unleash students’ potential through education to be resilient agents of change for themselves and in society.
We do this by offering innovative curriculum at the cutting edge of disciplines and professions, facilitating students’ engagement with their own learning, offering socially engaged curriculum and top-end digitally enabled education at undergraduate, postgraduate and continuous education levels.
The University of Cape Town aims to be distinctive by developing graduate attributes focused on the self, the community, and the world; supporting success and excellence (through student support, academic support, learning analytics, etc.); and providing problem-based education in authentic contexts where appropriate.
To achieve these goals:
- The University of Cape Town is committed to the professionalisation and valorisation of teaching and learning. We will enhance technical internal capabilities to support digitally enabled education.
- We will provide flexible teaching spaces equipped to support 21st-century pedagogies.
- We will develop staff and system capabilities to support student development.
Applicants and students
|Please visit the Students website for more information on, or for, the following:||Please visit the International Hub website for information for international students and for exchange opportunities for local UCT students.
Please visit the Department of Student Affairs website for information on the following:
To apply for the university of cap town click here http://applyonline.uct.ac.za/